Early Childhood Auslan Teacher
- Part time opportunities (min 4.5 hours per week)
- Current availabilities:
- City of Greater Geelong [Belmont]
- Shepparton area
Expression Australia has partnered with the Department of Education to deliver Auslan in 4-year-old kindergartens, as part of the Early Childhood Language Program.
Expression Australia is looking for enthusiastic Early Childhood educators with Auslan skills, or Auslan users passionate about teaching Auslan to young children to join the Early Childhood Language Program!
- Facilitate Auslan sessions through the use of play to teach Auslan to 4-year-old children in kindergarten.
- Plan and create lessons - including creation of resources.
- Education young children around Auslan and Deaf Culture
- Work in a supported environment within the Learning and Training team and access Professional Development opportunities and resources.
- Fluency in Auslan
- Knowledge of the Deaf community and culture
- Interest in teaching Auslan to young children
- Certificate or Qualification in Early Childhood Education or Auslan (e.g., Diploma in Auslan)
- Experience in early childhood education and care facilities, preferable in the kindergarten program
If you do not have a formal qualification/certificate in Early childhood or Auslan but have a keen interest in teaching Auslan in Early childhood settings, please reach out to discuss potential opportunities, including Victorian Government’s free TAFE initiative for Certificates in Early Childhood Education.
If you are interested in working with us, please see the position description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.